Thursday, June 11, 2015

Paleo Kitchen: Energizing Milkshake



Easy peasy, lemon-squeezy. I was reading something somewhere that said that raw eggs (hormone free, organic, free range) are good for you. Way better than cooked eggs. When you cook the eggs, the protein structure gets messed up and that's why people have egg allergies. So I started having raw eggs. 

Newsflash: they're not tasty. Yuck.

So I started drinking them with coconut milk!

Tasty but then if you don't mix the eggs well, then you caste feel it going down your throat. Appealing, right?

But then I started getting hungry like an hour after having it! Which really is no surprise. It's protein and 60 calories worth of milk. But I wanted a way to stay full longer. And for the eggs to blend better. So I created the milkshake! YUM. Tastes like vanilla ice cream, so I feel as if I'm treating myself :D! Low calorie too :).

You don't need much.

Energizing milkshake 

Ingredients

6 oz unsweetened vanilla coconut milk (it has a crapton of Vitamin D and Vitamin B12)
6 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk (crapton of Calcium and Vitamin E)
2 raw organic eggs
1 tbsp organic raw honey (if you want it sweet!)
6 - 8 oz of cubed ice

Instructions

Put everything in a blender. Blend. Add more ice if you want to thicker. 

What you have now is a low calorie milkshake with a lot of nutrients which gives you a lot of energy and makes you feel full and refreshed :)! Plus in my opinion, tastes like the Starbucks vanilla frappé.

So, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment