Tuesday, October 28, 2014

2 Weeks...

So... I am not one to go to class all the time, which is obviously a problem for my ever so decreasing GPA (Dear Law School, I swear I am an able applicant and I will excel in law school... Don't mind this if you are reading this.) It's not that I don't like my classes... I LOVE them actually. I chose classes based on the professor than the actual class topic and I actually like the class topics too. How great is that?

I'm just struggling... Mentally really. Home sickness is real... I've been in North Carolina for the past 2 years (this is my third year) and every year it gets increasingly harder. Maybe it's due to the fact that my university is larger than I wish it was. About 6,700 people... My high school was about 250 students for all 4 years. I definitely took my the size for granted. Looking back, I would have chosen a way smaller college so that the total undergrad population would be less than 1,500... The struggling isn't getting easier at all. 

To keep myself sane, I take the day off to catch up on some work, watch some Netflix, talk to my parents, do some cooking and/or baking, do some cleaning, and just relax. This doesn't happen all too often, but it happens way more than it should for a normal person.

In fact, I feel like I'm going even more insane by trying to keep myself sane and that's probably because I feel like I rely too much on the day offs. 

To combat this, I have set up some goals for myself.

Right now, it is mustering up the energy to go to class everyday for 2 whole weeks. I'm 3/16th of the way there. If I can make it, and I believe that I can, I am going to over-indulge for my birthday (November 22nd!) I have my eyes set on the Maise bag by Kate Spade in their neutral pink. I also have my eyes set on the Make Up For Ever HD collector's set and the Urban Decay Naked collection. If (HOPEFULLY WHEN!!!) I make this goal, I'll make it longer to 4 weeks/until the end of the semester. 

I really do think I can do this. Next semester when I have my car (yayayaya!) I'm going to try to have a personal day every now and then (maybe once a month or something like that) and I'm going to take that time to explore or pamper myself. BUT that will be only if I need a personal day! I'm going to start incorporating new things in my lifestyle such as working out and eating WAY healthier (I eat okay, but I need to add more fruits and veggies and fiber) and being outside more in the sun to see if those work in place of my "personal days." (So more like personal hours where I drop everything and cut communication and focus on me???) 

We shall see...

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment