This shit ain't pretty, but it's yummy, so that's truly all that matters in this case.
I have HATED cauliflower up until I went paleo. Now, I tolerate it, but I can only do so if it is prepared well. So, I decided to make some fried rice with it. It was a little bit soft, but I'll work on that. If you decide to make this and you have tips, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Kk, thanks.
Cauliflower Fried Rice
Ingredients (for 3-4 people)
- 6 ounces of organic mixed veggies (mine have corn, peas, beans, carrots, but you can usually whatever you want. My mother likes it with lima beans and broccoli. Low-key, I'd rather starve than eat those. YUCK.)
- 1 cup uncooked cauliflower rice (made by shredding a cauliflower)
- 1 chicken breast, cooked, cut into small cubes
- 1 chicken sausage link, cooked, cut into small pieces
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 ounce onions
- Sea Salt
- 1-2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil in a wok on medium heat
- Add the garlic and the onions and let cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add the mixed veggies and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Then add the chicken breast and sausage.
- Sprinkle some salt.
- Push to one side of the wok and scramble your eggs on the other side. You want your eggs to be cooked and then cut into smaller pieces before mixing it with your stir fry.
- Add a tablespoon of the tamari sauce and then remove the stir fry mixture and place on a plate or in a bowl.
- Heat up another tbsp of olive oil before adding the cauliflower rice. Add some salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- On high heat, add a tbsp of tamari sauce and mix until the rice is a light brown.
- Add the stir fry and mix until it looks even.
- Cook over high heat for another minute or two, making sure to keep on mixing it every now and then.
Look. Yum. It's comfort food, but it's made out of organic food and cauliflower.